Information about Newborns
- Newborns need to be loved, kept clean, warmed and fed.
- Babies eat frequently – some as often as every one to two hours
– until their stomachs grow large enough to handle more food at one time.
- Breastfeeding is highly recommended for the newborns.
- Be sure to burp the baby during and after each feeding.
- A baby is totally dependent on parents to provide for every
- Babies cry, this is how they tell you if they want attention,
feeding, changing, etc.
- Sleep is an essential routine for a newborn baby.
- Trim nails frequently with blunt edged small scissors or file
with an emery board to prevent scratching .
- Bathing your baby is a great opportunity for "fun time" with
- A baby's diaper should be changed when the baby is wet or
- Always put your baby in an infant car seat each and every time
you travel, even if you are just driving around the corner.